1. You throw them a leaving party.
Because even though they’re about to have a trip of the lifetime, it’s important to remind your BFF how awesome their home life is and will continue to be when they return.
2. You dole out some wisdom.
3. Make one last attempt to make them stay.
In this analogy, your best friend is the cat, which is bittersweet because now they’ve gone, your best friend will probably have to actually be a cat.
4. Ok, several last attempts to make them stay.
5. And then suddenly, they’re gone.
For months, maybe years – WHO KNOWS?!
6. Then the Instagrams start.
7. And you’re totally fine with how much fun it looks like they’re having.
8. Sometimes you don’t hear from them for a couple of days, and it terrifies you.
Even though you know it’s probably just because they’re having an amazing time in the mountains or desert or somewhere else incredible.
9. But as soon as they get back in touch, they’ll dive straight into important conversations like this:
You know it’s because your BFF loves you too much to tell stories about how much fun they’re having. So they tell you about their neverending shits and how terrible the food is instead.
10. And if they’re not online, you’ll write them endless one-sided conversations, filling them in on your life.
11. You’ll send your BFF snapchats whenever the rest of your friends are hanging out together.
Just so they know they’re never going to be forgotten.
12. You’re always the first to hear about all the gossip.
And you’re totally up to speed with with all the people drifting in and out of your BFF’s life.
13. You spend the last few weeks counting down the days until they return.
14. And even though they’ve been all over the world…