About six months ago my wife and I decided to turn our North Georgia summer retreat into our full-time residence. We decided to make a few changes to the property now that we would be living in it year-round. As I was getting into my car one morning, three of the workers paused from what they were doing and stared me down.
I stopped and asked if everything was ok and one of the men said, “It’s not fair. You have this beautiful home and a nice car while we are stuck doing hard labor for just a little more than minimum wage.”
I approached the men and we ended up speaking about building wealth for more than an hour. I shared with them that life wasn’t always this good, and at one point I was $50,000 in debt and didn’t know how I would climb out of it. The men shook my hand and thanked me for sharing my insights.
Fast forward to this morning and I was again about to get into my car. A man driving a truck down the street stops in front of my house and yells, “Mr. Siebold, I took your advice and started my own company. I have five employees working for me and business is booming. My family and I are experiencing freedom like we never thought possible.”
He continued, “Please share your words of wisdom with others.”
So moved that this man turned his life around, I’m now going to take his advice and share the takeaways from that conversation six months ago:
1. In a free market economy, anyone can make as much money as they want.
2. Your background, highest level of education, or IQ is irrelevant when it comes to earning money.
3. The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you make.
4. Don’t listen to the naysayers who tell you that life is supposed to be a struggle and that you should settle and be grateful for what you have.
5. Expect to make more money. For this one you have to think big. $100,000, $500,000, or why not $1 million?
6. Lose the fear and scarcity mindset and start seeing money for all the good things: freedom, opportunity, possibility, and abundance.
7. Being rich isn’t a privilege. Being rich is a right. If you create massive value for others, you have the right to be as rich as you want.
8. Don’t wait for your ship to come in. You’re not going to be discovered, saved, or made rich by an outside force. If you want a lot of money, build your own ship. No one is coming to the rescue.
9. Stop worrying about running out of money and focus on how to make more. Constantly worrying about money is no way to live. Dream about money, instead.
10. Stop telling yourself that getting rich is outside of your control. The truth is that making money is an inside job.
Just like the man working at my home six months ago who was frustrated over his finances and held a grudge against the rich, you too have the power to change your financial situation around. Maybe you’ve been living in debt for years or maybe you’ve just dreamed of having more; it’s all possible if you make the decision and really set your mind to it. See more…